Monday, October 30, 2006

BCS Computers Reek of BS
Obviously the main problem lies within the CPU polls. Prime example: they have Cal listed as #3. WTF! The so called "built-in" strength of schedule factor is nothing but a fluke. USC loses to Oregon State and the CPU's only knock them back to 6? Tennessee's only loss is to #4 Florida and they have UT ranked #10? Simply ridiculous. Based on this, one would think the Pac-10 is the toughest conference in the nation. I think I might throw up.
By the way, I was under the impression each of the human polls and the CPU poll counted as 1/3 towards a team's total BCS ranking. As described by the official site, "All three components shall be added together and averaged for a team's ranking in the BCS standings." No doubt I'm missing something here, but if UT is ranked as #8 by both the Harris and USA Today polls and #10 by the CPU polls, how in the world does this average out to #11?
Bottom line: I love it. Bring on the chaos! While all those mindless idiots are chanting for a playoff, the South may just secede again. The notion of an SEC super conference is starting to grow on me.

0 comments: